Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Do You Follow?

Did you ever wonder what it means to be a follower of a blog?

I'm sure you've seen the little mini-pictures on the sidebars of many blogs including mine and wondered what it means to "follow" them.

Let me tell you how I think of it.

Do you follow any band? How about a movie star, someone whom you'll go see at the theater no matter what the reviews were? Well, if you are, then you are a fan.

To me, that's what having your name or picture posted as a follower of a blog means, it means you are a fan of that blog. What happens if you do sign on to follow a blog?
Absolutely nothing.
You don't get emails or notifications or even blog posts sent to you. You just get whatever name and picture (or none at all) that you want to show publicly set in a special place on the blog you are following. Now that's nice isn't it?

It's like saying "I like your blog."

Now if you follow my particular blog, Snips N Scraps Papercraft, you get entered in a drawing for a goodie box made by me. It will probably be a mixture of supplies and premade gifts.

Every month I will post the winner and that person can contact me and let me know where to send their gift. Easy, right? So look for the Follow link on the right hand side bar and sign up today .

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm new to making cards and learning alot from cardmaking blogs. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete